Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eat like...the President!

My husband was reading a newspaper insert left in the break room and stumbled upon something he thought would be yummy to try!

Obama's personal chef, Sam Kass, shared his recipe for "Easy Cucumber Avocado Soup".

Here it is!
Ingredients:
5 Cucumbers, seeds removed (we removed the skins as well)
1 avocado (we love avos so I used 4 small ones!)
1 to 2 lemons
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch mint
3 Tbsp plain yogurt (optional...we were out of yogurt so I used a Tbsp of mayo)

Directions:
In blender, combine 4 roughly chopped cucumbers, the avocado, 1 to 2 lemons to taste (I assumed he peeled them), and salt and pepper; blend well. Dice (I threw it all in the food processor) remaining cucumber and mix with chopped mint, salt and pepper; add yogurt if desired. Pour soup into small bowls or glasses and top with the cucumber-mint mixture.

Serves 4-6.

This was absolutely FANTASTIC! It was very hot today here (mid 90's us Washingtonians start to melt) and not having to cook anything was a nice treat. Everyone LOVED it! Kids included! My daughter added some crumbled feta to the top of her soup and was very satisfied with her results! :)

I will definitely be making it again soon. Next time I am going roast and skin a poblano chili to add to the soup. I love their smokey green taste that offers a ton of chili flavor with just enough heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment